Job Posting Rules
At Jobs Jane, we take pride in helping employers grow their cannabis business. We realize the time and resources that go into finding the right candidate. In order to create a mutually beneficial hiring experience for both job seekers and employers, it is important that every job opening posted on our websites represents a real, current, fair and non-discriminatory opportunity.
Please read these Job Posting Rules carefully
We will remove a job posting if we are made aware of, and confirm that, the job posting is inaccurate, fake, misleading, deceptive, infringes on a third-party’s copyright and/or trademark, violates an applicable law, rule and/or regulation in any jurisdiction nationally or internationally, violates your contractual obligations to Jobs Jane, violates these guidelines, is libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene, pornographic, disruptive, threatening, abusive, or contains content that is not appropriate for any other reason.
Any violation of these Job Posting Rules and/or our contract with you and/or applicable law, may result in a suspension of services to you and/or a termination of our contract with you. We reserve the right to amend these Rules at any time.
Who can post jobs directly on a Jobs Jane website?
Subscribers with a current online subscription can post jobs on the www.jobsjane.com website.
Do’s and Don’ts of Posting Jobs
Do ensure that job content meets these basic rules
- Post jobs that represent real and current job openings
- Specify an accurate ‘date posted’ in each posting
- Make sure that you have the right to post the opening, for example, ensure that the trademark owner and the copyright owner of the content have consented to you posting the job
- Make sure that all elements of the job are described accurately
Don’t provide content that violates laws
The content of job postings must comply with the following rules or their equivalent in the U.S. or the jurisdiction (country, state, municipality, city, town, etc.) of the job poster, target job seekers, and any other applicable jurisdiction. Accordingly, the content of all job postings MUST:
- Comply with applicable local, state, federal and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to anti-discrimination, labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property
- Not contain any job requirement or criterion that discriminates on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Not prohibit applications from persons with criminal convictions, criminal records, and/or felonies, where prohibited by law unless such criterion is a legitimate requirement of the job or is required by law
- Not require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with applicable law, legal order, or government contract
- Not include any screening requirement or criterion where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legitimate requirement of the job
- Not contain the names, logos or trademarks of persons or companies who have not consented to your use of their intellectual property
- Not contain content, or links to content, that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 13
- Not sell, promote or advertise products or services
- Clearly state if upfront or periodic payments will be required and if so, specify the type of fees, including but not limited to, franchisee fees, broker fees, and licensing fees
- Clearly state if the role pays commissions only, and if so, clearly describe the product(s) or service(s) that the job seeker would be selling
- Not require the job seeker to pay a fee to apply to the job unless an application fee is required by a municipality for applications for roles with police departments
- Not contain any pyramid scheme, agency, distributorship, “club membership”, or other arrangement that requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- Not contain a role located in any country subject to sanctions imposed by the governments of the United States or Canada
- Not contain content that is inaccurate, false, outdated or misleading
- Not contain any personal information
- Not require a job seeker to register or create an account in order to view the entire job description
- Not require the job seeker to submit a photo or video as part of the application
- Not contain keywords unrelated or irrelevant to the job in the title or description
Last updated: January 31, 2020